-
September 19th, 2020, 07:06 PM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: OT? SE tube amp recommendations
I did the Dennis Hadd thing with one of his 6L6 SE amps. Just wasn't for me. I prefer the power of a PP tube amp. Currently running a set of Macintosh MC40 mono blocks. Speakers are HeathKit AS101's, basically Altec Valencias.
See if you can find a Dynaco ST70 in good shape, 35 watts per channel should drive those speakers pretty good.
I'm all tube, Audio research SP8 preamp. What are you going to use for a preamp?
It's one of the reasons I suggested the Musical Paradise MP-301 MKIII amp, you can drive it directly from a CD player or phono preamp. It has a built in volume control. I think they are around 339.00 plus shipping. Check out the reviews. About 8 watts with the 6L6 tubes, SE.
BillWojo
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks